With over 65 years’ experience designing glass solutions
Prelco designs, manufactures and secures certification for a wide variety of window systems and windshields for diversified transportation markets. With over 65 years of experience designing glass solutions, Prelco collaborates with its sister company Beclawat to develop and manufacture framed systems for the rail and marine industries. We also have a strong and established reputation built over 20 years, for quality and reliability in the bus industry. More recently, our Veralex brand has been making waves in the recreational boating industry. The demand for our exciting and innovative products is high—and growing!
No matter the market, we deliver certified designs with flexibility and support. Our knack for innovation, industry know-how and in-depth knowledge of each market enables us to design for unparalleled performance and remain at the forefront of trends.
A Reliable Partner
Prelco’s expertise is driven by our team of committed professionals. We focus on the details and priorities that matter to our customers.
- Simplified installation
- Occupant comfort and experience
- Energy savings
- Distinctive design elements
- Dedicated project management team
- OTD and logistics
Prelco pairs solid design and manufacturing capabilities with sustained technological innovation.
Prelco has several factories in Canada and the United States, and its products are Buy America compliant.
- 49 CFR Part 223 – Safety Glazing Standards – Locomotives, Passenger Cars and Cabooses (FRA Type I, FRA Type II)
- FMVSS 205, ANSI/SAE Z26.1
- IGCC® / IGMA® Certification Program for ASTM E2190 Seal durability
- SGCC® Safety Glazing Certification Council
- Association of American Railroad (AAR), Manual of Standards and Recommended Practices S-5101
- OEM bonding process
- Lloyd’s Register
- ISO 614: 1989 – Shipbuilding and marine structures – Toughened safety glass panes for rectangular windows and side scuttles – Punch method of non-destructive strength testing
In addition to the above markets, Prelco can provide glass solutions for other types of vehicles. Contact us to find out how we can take your project to the next level.
As part of Prelco's 65th Anniversary activities, our Montreal facility was visited by some 100 clients and architects. A tour of our new facilities and a presentation of...read more
A few weeks ago, Veralex, member of the Prelco Group, kicked off the construction of its new plant in Princeville!read more