Prel-Lam is made of two or more pieces of glass permanently bonded together with one or more interlayers of PVB resin. During the laminating process, the multilayer glass is placed inside a pressurized autoclave, and then subjected to a combination of strong air pressure and high heat. The process ensures permanent adhesion of the different layers and allows for the creation of an integral unit with excellent optical quality.
- Protects people and goods in the event of breakage, as the interlayer holds glass fragments together
- Meets safety glazing standards
- Blocks 99% of UV rays which cause fading and discolouration of interior coverings.
- Provides soundproofing that is superior to monolithic glass.
- Makes it possible to create unique glass designs with decorative interlayers such as Vanceva® (contact us for more information).
* Vanceva® is a trademark of Eastman Chemical Company.
Standards and certifications
CAN/CGSB 2 12.1 classe 1 et 2. – Safety or Laminated Glass,
ASTM C1172 – Standard Specification for Laminated Architectural Flat Glass,
CPSC 16 CFR 1201 classe 1 et 2 – Safety Standard for Architectural Glazing Materials
Choice of components
Types of glass
- Clear, ultraclear, tinted
- Low-e, reflective
Types of interlayers
PVB, ionoplast, polyurethane
- Sloped glazing
- Atriums and skylights
- Storefronts exposed to sunlight
- Jewellery showcases, museum or exhibition halls
- Glass partitions
* Certain conditions apply, contact us for more information.
** Maximum weight of 680 kg (1500 lbs).